Julie sent this to me this morning:
Dear Julie and Bruce,
I cannot explain to you how much it means to me what you are doing for us here. I am amazed at how many people have gone out of their way to do something nice for a complete stranger. Thank you so very much for all of the cookies and the nice letter. All of you from Baking Galls are angles. I never expected this kind of support and appreciation. You are doing a wonderful service to everyone here. My section is so well stocked with treats now that it looks like a bakery. A little bite of home helps everyone here cope with this situation. It is a nice break from all of the chow hall food. I have been in the Air Force since 2005. I work ammo at Dyess AFB in Texas. I cannot tell you much about where I am now and what I am doing, but, I am quite safe. I am lucky to have gone to a base in the middle east with many luxuries. We are well taken care of here, and a long way from the front lines. What did your son do in the Air Force? What rank did he leave at? Thank you again for everything. This has all been quite a pleasant experience. You are doing more for us than you will ever know.
Sincerely,
SrA Robert Grier
The Proposal
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment